This is a time when the Internet is the king. Every aspect of life is in some way influenced by the Internet or something that is associated with it. In a gradual shift, where everything is moving towards digitization, the Internet is the mainstay. We are going to talk about Tagged in this article.
From online shopping to acquiring social security numbers, everything is being digitized so that all systems are made faster and more efficient. The Internet has already revolutionized the way people communicate with each other with apps and software like WhatsApp, Facebook, and Skype among many others. Gone are the days of letters and telegrams and trunk calls, even meeting somebody or arranging a marriage has changed drastically.
Matrimonial websites offer everything to prospective grooms and brides so that they can make a perfect choice while there are dating sites that are cropping up everywhere to help people meet their perfect match. Tagged is one such social networking and discovery website. It allows users to view profiles of other members and communicate with them if your preferences and wavelengths match.
Tagged Inc. was founded in 2004 and started as a site for teenagers but from October 2006, it was made available for everybody from all age ranges. The app garnered a lot of popularity from the beginning and in 2010 became one of Deloitte’s top 500 fastest growing companies list. It had its share of scandals too with a charge for sending bulk emails in 2009. There were also cases of child sex abuse which word leveled against Tagged, but it successfully won the court case.
How to use Tagged and its features:
Tagged is a social networking service where users can view the profiles of its other members and choose to communicate with them. If you do not know how to use this app then just read through the list below, and you will get an idea.
- Getting into Tagged is pretty simple as you just have to open the app and register. As soon as you register a free account, you can then create your profile by posting some photos and then writing something about yourself. Apart from that, you can also add information about your interests and hobbies, post status updates and also message people.
- Much like in Orkut, Tagged users can see the profile of people who visit their accounts.
- A very absorbing and exciting feature of the app is that users can send virtual gifts to anyone they want, provided the receiver accepts it. This is a feature that is very rare to find another such social networking apps. The virtual gifts can be bought by the user using real world money and this is, therefore, the basis of in-app purchases. There is another way to get these gifts in order to present it to someone and that is why completing special offers and tasks that the app offers to users.
- Videos in the app that the user uploads or are uploaded by somebody else can be sorted and categorized into top rated, most liked, and most viewed categories.
- Getting to the part about how Tagged helps users in the dating world. The app rates photos that users upload according to their attractiveness. The higher the ratings, the more the exposure a user gets. The app also has some special notifications that users can send to one another signaling their interests. There is a “luv”, a “wink”, and a “meet me” notification.
- There are also chat rooms in the app where users can start talking to people based on their ages and interests.
- Tagged also has its own in-house game. The game is called Pets and it functions much like fantasy sports league, the difference being that users can make their own team by including other users of the app. There is virtual cash which the users can utilize in order to buy others. Similar to a sports transfer season, users can also change and modify their team by buying other people and selling some. There is also an option where users can barter and exchange players. Another game called Farm was launched in 2011 and functions similarly to Farmville that is available on Facebook. This tagged version, however, does not have any animation.
How to get Tagged?
The app is available on all platforms and since we are talking about mobile devices, it is available on both Android and iOS. You can just go to the respective app store of your mobile device and search for the app there. As soon as you find it, download it, read through the permissions, and then install it. Sign up and register yourself for free and you are ready to go “tagging.”
If you do not have an Internet connection on your mobile device, then you can just download the file to your PC and then transfer the file to your mobile device using a USB cable. Downloading and installing the app via this process will also enable you to get it on your mobile device.