There are many things that we miss in our lives. Of all those objects of affection that we miss, the simple pleasure and joy of watching cartoons in our childhood is probably the fondest one. Isn’t it? Those happy hours when we did not have any other worries and the only thing that we looked forward to was watching our favorite animated characters on the TV screen. What wouldn’t we give back to re-live those moments all over again! But, there is no need to give anything back really. The developers at Gears actually took a note of this longing of ours and developed an app named Cartoon HD. And due to their hard work, this app has become the ultimate cartoon app in the sense that it has one of the largest databases of cartoons.
What exactly is Cartoon HD app?
Cartoon HD is an online video streaming app, much like movies and TV shows streaming apps that we use. The difference is that the contents they provide are primarily animated movies, TV shows, and cartoons. This app will not only serve as your personal memory booster, but it will also give you the chance to get the younger ones in the family exposure to your favorite cartoons. But that does not mean that they do not have anything other than cartoons. They have sections for the latest films and TV shows as well.
This app is also completely free of cost. There are no charges for availing their services. This is without any doubt one of the best video streaming apps of our times with their variety of content.
Cartoon HD Features:
There are many cool features of this application. But as Google Play Store has taken down this app from their list, you will have to take resort to sideloading to get this app.
Cartoon HD.apk can be obtained from mirror websites or the direct website of the developers. It is compatible with Android, iOS devices. It is even compatible with Kindle Fire. It requires an Android 2.3 or above to run this app.
And it is Chromecast friendly as well. So you can even watch the videos on a larger screen using any local cast app. The only prerequisite is that you have a smart TV as well as a smart device.
As I have already mentioned, this app focuses primarily on cartoons. You can find classic, and all-time favorite shows like ‘Tom and Jerry,’ ‘Scooby Doo’ to the latest ones. And all of these cartoons are available in a full-length format. And you can look up any particular episode you want to as well. They have full shows. And the latest ones are regularly updated. The users do not have to update their app for this updated contents. The updated content are directly reflected in the Cartoon HD gallery.
And apart from cartoons, they also have the latest TV shows and movies for the adults in us. And most of the content are available in HD quality. This makes this particular app quite a catch.
The user interface is really easy to use. Users can seamlessly browse through different categories right from the menu. All the episodes are tagged and listed in their chronological order. So if you are looking for a particular episode, you will not have to browse through the entire gallery.
The video player in Cartoon HD is also quite good. You get to choose the quality of the video you want to watch. The videos can be viewed in low-resolution, standard resolution, and HD.
The player also can be used for offline viewing. And the quality of the video for offline watching can also be chosen.
Now that we have discussed the features of the app let us take a look at how to get this app to run on Android devices.
Get the Cartoon HD.apk from here.
How to Install Cartoon HD on Android Devices:
As I have already mentioned, the app has been taken down from the Google Play Store. But there are many ways of getting the .apk file and then install the app on your device. This process is called sideloading.
Follow the instructions below.
- Search for ‘Cartoon HD’ app using any search engine on your Android device.
- Locate some mirror website that has a link for the apk file of the app.
- Download the apk file on your device.
- Or you can also click on the link above to get the apk file without going through the hassle of looking for it.
- Note the location where the apk file is saved for ease of access.
- Now go to the Settings menu of your smartphone.
- Open the Security tab.
- Check the option that allows applications from ‘Unknown Sources‘ to install.
- Now locate the Cartoon HD.apk file that you had previously downloaded.
- Tap on the apk file.
- You’re likely to be prompted by the device manager to choose an installer.
- Pick the Package Installer.
- You will be prompted to go through the access permissions that are required by the app. There are no reasons to be worried. It generally asks for authorization to use the internet connection, gallery, video player and the likes.
- Tap on Agree or Accept or Install on the bottom right corner of the display window.
- Wait till the application is installed.
- Upon a successful installation, you will be able to find the app in the phone’s Menu.
- Launch the app to enjoy all those cartoons and videos.
Now here is a comparison table of Cartoon HD and Viewster. Viewster is another app that focuses on animated content, but their focus is on Anime.
[table id=1 /]